Serendipity

Friday, October 12, 2007

Chick Dig This! Chick Dig That!

I love this channel “Travel and Living”. It hosts great shows about travel, food and art. My interest lies in food, travel and art. And I watch these shows indiscriminately. But I have my favorites. One is a travel and food show and another a reality show. Very addictive shows but leave you unruffled. These are antidotes to the whole lot of mind ----- soaps.

No Reservation and a Cook’s tour.

A great show about travel and food and a sexy guy thrown into it. MMMMMMMM! A perfect recipe for the soul.
That’s right! Anthony Bourdain!
It’s not just another travel show. Ian Wright is too interesting but Mister Anthony Bourdain takes it to greater heights. He is not deliberately funny but satirical, and with no malice. He is a gracious guest.
Tall, lanky, a good smile here and there, great humor, a super sexy walk, cool clothes, shades, and his erotic voice. Oh I could watch him even if he talks about mathematical formulas solving mysteries or nonsense like why Bush is better than the rest of the world.
He is Howard Roark. Well not Howard Roark. He is Anthony Bourdain.
There is something in him, which is adorable even when he is sitting and watching the pig’s intestine being pulled out. Thank god he is not one of the guys who screams and lets off awfully bad sounds. The years of experience are written on his face, his walk, and his smile and his eyes.
He is not at all like a typical macho man with 16” biceps. Well he doesn’t need them to be a man. He is a man’s man and appears not so a typical lady’s man. This makes him more dishy.
I would be offended if pple didn’t know about certain personalities, but I would love it if pple are ignorant about Anthony Bourdain.He is like this pebble you find in the beach, which stood out from the rest solely because of your perception, and you just keep it as your possession. You don’t feel like exhibiting it. Only you know its worth as you have solely bestowed the price to it. It’s almost the same with Anthony Bourdain.He is like my pebble. I like the feeling when pple don’t know anything about him. None of my friends know him or watch his shows and that makes me really special.
But then, I don’t like to hold on to things a lot. I have to let go off my pebbles ;), so I'm letting go off Anthony Bourdain too. Not because he has lost the value. It’s just that pple might like him but the way he is perceived by me is unique. So I don’t mind he being out and open. I’m just too crazy writing all this stuff. That’s right! Anthony Bourdain!





Miami Ink.












Well if somebody had told me that there is a show about tattoos, I wouldn’t have bothered to even check it out.
Once while browsing. I happen to see Ami James speaking followed by Chris Graver. They were not speaking some life changing moments. It’s just the way they were speaking. Full of character. I don’t know how to put it. Well it’s like the opposite of Abhishek bachan’s nugatory figure/assuming personality. Okay! You got that! Thanks. Well I continued to listen to them and then the show took to its main course, tattooing. And it was icing on the cake, interesting guys doing interesting tattoos. Oh I love their art.
Miami Ink is about a bunch of tattoo artists, doing their job and just talking. Ami James and Chris graver make it special. And of course the store right in front of the beach adds up! And I have to mention Yoji. He balances the show by being just cute.
It’s not about the shows but it’s about the pple who make these shows special.
You see pple from all walks of life go in and out of the tattoo store with a great tattoo on any possible part of their much worn out bodies. The client’s 2-minute stories don’t leave u bored. This show needs host like Ami James who can actually make u forget to squirm your arse while watching the scrapings of the skin. Mwah! What a treat when the tattoo is made. Awesome beautiful tattoos. I’m almost tempted to get one myself. But for that I had to go to Miami and have to get an appointment with either Ami James or Chris Graver. Chances are quite bleak and I’m quite happy about that.


Somehow these shows make me feel more feminine. I take them as compliments!

4 Comments:

At 11:07 PM , Blogger krupa said...

I love Anthony Bourdain too!!! food and his charming smile...heaven can go take a hike;)

 
At 2:22 AM , Blogger Soumia said...

@Krupa.Definitley kumb mela separation!U r the first one who is aware of him.Iam so glad that it is you.

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger krupa said...

*Off Topic*

You have been tagged!

http://parijaatha.wordpress.com/2007/11/29/hands-up-you-are-tagged/

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger Soumia said...

@Krupa
Will do that soon after my qend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home