Serendipity

Friday, April 13, 2007

A Desultory Rainy Midnight

I missed the rain day before. But I was lucky last night. It was a heavy downpour. The smell of the rain was better than making tea. My sister’s two noisy children were fast asleep. I took a cup of tea and slowly stepped outside to the balcony. It was breezy and cold, and dark. Memories running, I smelt the rain soaked soil.
But my thoughts ran a little slowly this time. Slow paced! It was all too clear and obscure…my cycle, my sketches, my two close friends, banana milk shake with cashews, Railway Station benches, the stone, a letter, bitter fight, the street dogs in front of my house, reading newspaper on the bed, a stranger’s glance, certain roads, a purple lotus,a long queue of students,certain passages of my favourite books,koshy’s, my cousin and I in the church, two sad pair of eyes, a sms i sent just before making tea, aimless ants, final goodbyes, benecio del toro and then it got more senseless.For no reason, tears welled up in my eyes and then I realised that I have stopped smelling the rain and have gulped the last sip of tea. It was no use trying to reestablish my senses .Got back to my room and read a couple of pages of “the world is flat”. It did its office. I slept.

1 Comments:

At 8:33 PM , Blogger Bit Hawk said...

Your sequence of thoughts is amazing. This would make a nice movie shot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home